Breakfast muffins are a firm favourite among my fabulous ladies. If you are someone who finds breakfast a bit of a chore then you will love these. Make a big batch this weekend and your breakfasts for the week ahead will be sorted. They freeze well and defrost quickly so perfect for making lots at once.
Breakfast muffins are not only are they super convenient, they are jam packed with wholesome, delicious ingredients.
There is no added sugar, just the natural sweetness from the banana and apple sauce. If you find you need a little more, add a drizzle of honey. The oats give you a nice boost of B-vitamins and the wholemeal flour provides low GI carbs. They kickstart your system and give you long lasting energy. The raisins, banana and apples count towards your five a day and natural yoghurt is a good source of dairy and calcium. All in all, a winner!
Ingredients for Breakfast muffins:
- 2 large eggs
- 150ml pot of natural yoghurt (no added sugar or sweeteners)
- drizzle of olive oil
- 100 g of apple sauce
- 1 ripe banana mashed
- 200g wholemeal flour
- 50g oats (with some to sprinkle over the top)
- drizzle of honey (optional)
- baking powder 1.5 teaspoons
- bicarb of soda 1.5 teaspoons
- cinnamon 1.5 teaspoons
- handful of raisins
- handful of mixed seeds (with some to sprinkle on top with the oats)
- Heat oven to 180 degrees
- Grease a muffin tin so the mixture doesn’t stick
- In a jug, mix the eggs, yoghurt, oil, applesauce, banana and honey
- Mix the remaining ingredients in a large bowl, adding a pinch of salt
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix briefly until you have a smooth batter – don’t overmix as this will make the muffins heavy
- Pour into the muffin tins
- Sprinkle the muffins with the extra oats and seeds
- Bake for 30-40 mins until golden and well risen, and a skewer inserted into the centre of a muffin comes out clean.
- Enjoy warm or pop into a sealed container and eat throughout the week. If you want to keep them for longer, just freeze them and take them out to defrost an hour or so before you want them.
If you want to have a go at some of my other recipes, just explore the recipe section of my blog. Click here and pop there now – I update them all the time so there are always more recipes to try. Guaranteed to be healthy and delicious – eat to glow.
Make sure you like and follow my facebook page as well – I pop up quick exercise challenges as well as lots of tips and advice. Feel fabulous inside and out. Go there now by clicking here.