Chocolate and orange energy bars are AMAZING! They taste like a treat but have the bonus of being super healthy. I suggest you make these in bulk, portion them up (so you don’t eat them all at once) and then keep in the freezer. They defrost in minutes so are perfect for grabbing on the go. Snacks sorted for the week 🙂
Ingredients for Chocolate and Orange Energy Bars:
- 150g (ish) crushed nuts -either do it yourself or buy them ready chopped!
- Zest of large orange
- And juice of half of it
- 250g dates
- 2 – 3 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- Whizz up the dates in a food processor (I use my nutribullet). You might need to scrap down the sides a couple of times.
- Pop into a large mixing bowl and add the rest of the ingredients
- Give it a good mix up – fabulous arm workout!!
- Line a loaf tin/ tray (or whatever you want to use) with clingflim
- Squash mixture into the tin and then cover with the clingfilm on top OR form into little balls – whichever you prefer
- Pop into the freezer for 30 minutes then get it out, slice it up and either pop it back into the freezer to keep or put into an airtight container. I find keeping it in the freezer stops me eating it all at once and it defrost pretty quickly. You could even wrap up and freeze each individual slice.
- ENJOY! And let me know how much you love it!
If you want to make sure you never miss a recipe, pop over and ‘like’ my Facebook page now! Just click here.